To our Volunteers
Just like you, Baptist Health Center for Clinical Research is following the ever-changing impact of the Coronavirus on a national level and in our local community. BHCCR continues to see healthy, low risk volunteers as usual.
As the situation continues to unfold, we wanted to remind our volunteers of the measures BHCCR is taking to keep you safe.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout our office
- Additional signage throughout our office and in restrooms encouraging good hand-washing techniques
- Our office and our building uses hospital-grade cleaning agents and are frequently cleaning, especially high-traffic areas and hard surfaces in between each visit.
- A team of cleaning specialists will be in our building this weekend for deep sanitization, and on a recurring basis.
We ask that our patients keep in mind the following before, and during your visit:
- If you have a cough, fever or have trouble breathing, please call our office to reschedule your appointment.
- If you have traveled to any of these high risk regions or have been exposed to someone who has traveled to a high risk region within the last 2-3 weeks, or if you have returned from travel on a cruise ship please call our office to reschedule your appointment. The high risk countries can be found by clicking here.
- If you have had contact with someone who is positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days, please call to reschedule your appointment. Please know the Arkansas Department of Health has activated a call center to answer questions from health care providers and the public about the novel coronavirus. During normal business hours (8:00am – 4:30pm), urgent and non-urgent calls, please call 1-800-803-7847. After normal business hours, urgent calls needing immediate response, please call 501-661-2136.
We will continue to follow the guidelines based on the local health department and CDC. For up to date information about Coronavirus and what you can do to stay healthy, please visit the CDC website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
Potential Future Covid-19 Vaccine Studies
In anticipation for future coronavirus vaccine studies we will need the help of our community of volunteers. Please fill our the “Do You Qualify” questions to submit your interest in being part of future Covid-19 vaccine studies. Currently there are no available research studies for Covid-19, however, we are actively tracking a list of companies with plans to conduct vaccine studies this year. With your help, BHCCR could be a part of the development of a potentially life saving vaccine.
Thank you for your continued dedication to advancing medicine and changing lives.